MAINTAIN AND IMPROVE YOUR ORAL HEALTH WITH PACIFICA DENTAL
Routine oral hygiene services at Pacifica Dental can do many things for your health, including:
- Prevent cavities
- Brighten your smile
- Save money on avoidable, costly procedures
- Stop periodontal disease
- Freshen your breath
ROCKLAND ORAL HYGIENE TREATMENT
The first step in our oral hygiene service is always a careful and detailed assessment of your complete oral health. This allows us to treat any existing irregularities before they worsen. These steps can include repairing cavities, performing root canals, and completing tooth extractions.
ROCKLAND ORAL HYGIENE PREVENTION
As much as we love seeing you, our ultimate goal is to reduce your trips to the Rockland dentist and improve your overall oral health in the long-run. Following our two-step process makes potentially dangerous situations easier to maintain. For example, gum disease is often hard to detect and diagnose, especially by an untrained eye and without proper instruments. However, once diagnosed, periodontal disease can be treated.
TIPS TO PREVENT PERIODONTAL DISEASE IN ROCKLAND
More importantly, gum disease can be prevented altogether! Remember these tips as a starting point to prevent periodontal disease:
- Brush Regularly — As you know, proper brushing has a massive impact on your oral health, and it’s crucial to remember all the important aspects of brushing. Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two to three minutes, and be sure to brush along the gumline to promote gum health.
- Floss — Flossing is not just a tedious afterthought you can neglect in your oral routine. Flossing removes the plaque that toothbrushes can’t reach and ensures your gums are as healthy as possible.
- Mouthwash — Rinsing your mouth after brushing and flossing can reduce plaque buildup by nearly 20%.
Healthy Diet — Vitamins A and C are crucial nutrients for the health of your gums. Meanwhile foods rich in starch and sugar increase plaque when your teeth are not adequately cleaned.
- Avoid Tobacco — Cigarettes and smokeless tobacco are some of the most common contributors to gum disease.
We treat every patient like family and understand everyone is different and requires personalized solutions and dental care. Once the treatment is completed and all issues are resolved, we will work with you on developing a preventative plan for the future. In most cases, three-month visits are scheduled where progress is carefully monitored and areas of weakness, if any, are identified. Eventually, visits may extend to intervals of four to six months.
CONTACT OUR ROCKLAND DENTAL HYGIENIST TODAY!
We promise to provide help, education, and encouragement throughout the entire process. Give us a call today to get started!