TRUST THE LEADERS IN COSMETIC DENTISTRY ROCKLAND
What are some of the benefits of dental inlays and onlays in Rockland?
- Protect your oral health
- Improve your smile
- Maintain your natural teeth
- Precise fit
- Natural, tooth-like color
WHAT ARE DENTAL INLAYS & ONLAYS ROCKLAND?
Inlays — Similar to fillings, inlays restore the damaged areas between tooth cusps. These are often preferred when the cavity in between the cusps of the tooth is too large for a simple filling.
Onlays — When damage to the tooth occurs on its actual cusps but is not extreme enough to require a full dental crown, an onlay is used to recreate the strength and integrity of the tooth.
PROCEDURE OF INLAYS & ONLAYS IN ROCKLAND
The process of fitting and placing an inlay or onlay is more extensive than a traditional filling, as it requires two separate appointments. Here’s how it works:
1. Cleaning — In order to properly fit your inlay or onlay, the tooth must be cleaned to remove any loose impediments and create the most precise measurement.
2. Mold Casting — Once the area is properly cleaned, a mold is taken of the tooth so the dental lab can recreate the damaged area. If the damage is only present on the biting surface of the tooth, an inlay is measured. If, however, the damage extends across one or more cusps of the tooth, an onlay will be prepared.
3. Manufacturing — The mold of the inlay or onlay is sent to a dental laboratory where it is actually created and shipped back to the Rockland dentist.
4. Attaching — The completed piece is attached to the damaged area of the tooth using dental adhesive. Now you’re ready to enjoy the benefits of a healthy, happy smile!
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR INLAYS & ONLAYS IN ROCKLAND, ON
The two main advantages of Inlays and Onlays are their durability and more precise fit, both of which protect against decay. If you’re ready to experience the difference dental Inlays and Onlays can make, give us a call at Pacifica Dental Centre. We can’t wait to work with you!