IMPROVE YOUR ORAL HEALTH WITH ROCKLAND DENTAL BRIDGES
What are some benefits of dental bridges in Rockland?
- Recreate a beautiful smile
- Prevent remaining teeth from becoming mispositioned
- Protect remaining teeth by distributing bite force
- Restore speaking and chewing ability
- Hold the shape of your smile
DENTAL BRIDGES ARE ONE OF THE BEST RESTORATIVE OPTION IN ROCKLAND
For patients with one or more teeth missing, dental bridges are one of the best restorative options. A fixed partial denture that attaches one or more prosthetic teeth to the adjacent natural teeth, dental bridges allow you to restore your smile without completely removing your remaining teeth. These are generally preferred over a removable partial denture as they provide far better support and stability.
TYPES OF DENTAL BRIDGES IN ROCKLAND, ON
There are multiple types of dental bridges to choose from, each offering its own benefits. Your Rockland dentist at Pacifica Dental Centre will carefully customize one of the following solutions that are unique to you:
- Traditional Bridges — The most common type of dental bridge, the traditional option involves attaching a string of fake teeth to dental crowns on either side of the missing tooth or teeth. These bridges are often made of ceramic or porcelain fused to metal.
- Resin-Bonded Bridges — This type of bridge is versatile in the fact it can be built in many different ways. Though often constructed using porcelain or porcelain fused to metal, this type of bridge can also feature plastic teeth and gums that are supported by a strengthening framework, usually metal or porcelain.
- Cantilever Bridges — When the missing tooth is positioned at the very back of the oral cavity — so that an adjacent tooth is only on one side of the missing tooth — this type of dental bridge can be beneficial. However, due to the force that accompanies the back of the mouth, these are rarely used.
Keep in mind that dental bridges require the connecting teeth to be prepared so they are the correct size, thus adjusting their shape forever. Because the natural root system is no longer intact, patients with dental bridges could also experience gradual bone resorption. Also, since food particles can collect beneath the bridge, vigorous oral hygiene is necessary to avoid larger problems down the road.
CONTACT OUR ROCKLAND DENTAL BRIDGES DENTIST TODAY
Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of dental bridges through Pacifica Dental Centre. We are so excited to help you rediscover a beautiful, confident smile.